Newsletter Sign Up
Orthotics is a specialist medical discipline in which external orthoses or brace/supports are designed and fitted to provide one or more of the following:
- Correction or prevention of physical deformity
- Stabilisation of a joint or joints
- Reduction of pain
- Improvement in mobility or performance
- Reduction in the risk of injury
Orthotics can be used to help a variety of conditions which affect the lower limbs including; neurological, vascular, diabetic complications, arthritis (RA, OA), sports injuries and generalised lower limb pain.
We specialise in the use of:
- Biomechanical foot orthoses,
- Orthopaedic & diabetic footwear
- Ankle foot orthoses (AFO’s)
- Knee orthoses
- Variety of other orthoses to assist in the treatment of adults and children who present with pain/discomfort or difficulty when walking
Children’s and adult’s outpatient clinics are held on a weekly basis in St Gabriel’s Centre where medical cardholders can be referred into the service following a standard GP referral letter. Nonmedical cardholders can self refer by phoning the Orthotics Department directly.