Newsletter Sign Up
THE NURSING DEPARTMENT
The role of the nursing department is to provide a comprehensive and effective service to children and young adults with a disability who attend St.Gabriel’s School. Part of the nursing service is to help or teach your child to carry out daily living activities, making it easier for him or her to perform these activities as independently as possible.
The nursing department works closely with members of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team, therapists, doctors, GPs, public health nurses, school staff and other clinic staff. The nursing department offers many useful services to children and young adults with a disability, some of which include:
· Implementation of personal development programmes
· Skin integrity and wound care management
· Administration of medication
· Continence management, including potty training for children with special needs
· Accident and emergency cover on school outings and during lunch time
· Development and delivery of health education and health promotion programmes
· Administration of enteral feeds (gastrostomy and nasogastric)
· Occupational healthcare programmes
The department as a whole promotes the health, wellbeing and happiness of children and young adults with disabilities, and shares with them the celebration of their achievements.