Newsletter Sign Up
Coronavirus (COVID-19) POOL CLOSURE
The team at St Gabriel’s Hydrotherapy Pool is adhering to the recommendations from the Department of Health with regards to protecting ourselves and others. Based on these reccommendations we have made the decision to close the pool. We are closely monitoring all available information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) as the situation unfolds. We will update our website and social media platforms as information becomes available to us.
Hydrotherapy is the use of water at an increased temperature – in this case, 32˚ Celsius (6˚ higher than a regular pool) to relieve pain and promote physical wellbeing , as well as for the maintenance of health and the treatment of injury and disability. Hydrotherapy helps to maximise your level of function – both physical and psychological.
The purpose-built hydrotherapy pool at St. Gabriel’s welcomes you. Built in 2009, the pool’s original purpose was for children with disabilities who attend St. Gabriel’s services, but public demand has prompted us to open the pool to the wider community for both groups and individuals.
Our Hydrotherapy Pool Features:
- Warm water - 33˚ Celsius and warm poolside temperature
- Stepped and poolside hoist access
- Therapeutic jets
- Spacious wheelchair-accessible changing room with overhead hoists
- Shower chairs, shower beds and plinths available
- Private changing areas available on request
- Swim floats and swim aids, weights and children’s toys
- Bright and friendly atmosphere
For details, please contact the Hydrotherapy Pool T: 061 302733 or